Updates Regarding COVID-19
A Message from Our Team:
The health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team members are top priority. As the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you we plan to remain open during our regular business hours.
We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure we are taking the appropriate precautions and actions to keep patients, clients, and employees healthy and safe during this time.
During this time, we will be changing to a “hands-free” practice for appointments, services, and procedures. We are taking this precaution to eliminate constant contact of door handles, countertops, pens, and to aid in social distancing. By taking these safety measures, it is our goal to be able to remain open to serve the needs of our community’s pets.
Appointments and service will be handled through a “hands-free” practice that will entail:
- Pre-schedule your appointment and bring dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier.
- Upon your arrival at the clinic, please remain in your vehicle and call reception. We appreciate your patience as we work hard to provide excellent service to all of our clients. Note: If you cannot reach us on the phone, please walk to the front door to alert reception that you have arrived. Be sure to wear a mask if you do this.
- A team member will discuss all your needs and concerns in person or by phone during check-in.
- A medical staff member will then meet you in the parking lot and individually bring your pet(s) in for evaluation and care
- We ask that you remain on the premises during your appointment unless you have organized a drop-off prior to arriving.
Once the examination and treatments are complete, you may pay over the phone by credit/debit card. If you are paying by check or cash, a team member will take the payment at your car.
Pick Up and Drop Off
If you pet has a procedure scheduled with us, we will follow a similar protocol: we will pick your pet up from your car, check you in, and address any questions. Your veterinarian will contact you following your pet’s procedure and let you know when you pet is ready for pick-up. Call us when you get here and please stay in your vehicle. We will bring your pet to you and address any other questions you may have.
Medication and Food
We ask that you request medication or food refills 24 hours in advance via phone (440-449-6644) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please call us when you arrive at the hospital. Payment will be taken in person or over the phone, and we will bring the food or medication to your car.
Additional Measures we are Asking Clients to Follow:
- Please do not come to our clinic if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have a fever.
- Please reschedule your pet’s veterinarian appointment if you have been in contact with anyone that has had a fever or possible COVID-19 exposure.
Pets and the Coronavirus:
It is important to note that there is currently no evidence that pets can become sick with COVID-19. Infectious disease experts, as well as the CDC, World Organization for Animal Health, and World Health Organization indicate there is also no evidence to suggest that pet dogs or cats can be a source of infection with SARS-CoV-2, including spreading COVID-19 to people. More investigation is underway and as we learn more, we will update you.
The CDC and The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)also have comprehensive websites with up-to-date information about COVID-19 and your pet(s). Additional information about the Coronavirus and your pets’ health are available at the following online resources:
We value your partnership in your pet’s healthcare and appreciate your patience, understanding, and continued support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Lyndhurst Animal Clinic
5387 Mayfield Road Lyndhurst, OH 44124
Monday: 8 AM-7 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM-6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM-12 PM
Thursday: 8 AM-6 PM
Friday: 8 AM-5 PM
Saturday: 8 AM-12 PM
Sunday: Closed Holiday Hours: Dec. 24th, Christmas Eve: 8 AM-12 PM Dec. 25th, Christmas Day: CLOSED Dec. 31st, New Year's Eve: 8 AM-12 PM Jan. 1st, New Year's Day: CLOSED